Nov 10, 2020

Nanowrimo 2020: Week 1

 

Day One

Today was tough. Normally I am ready to go come the first because I just want to start writing. It wasn't that I wasn't ready for this year. I was all set actually but there was something about heading into this year that I was dreading. And after writing for a bit then erasing it all because I had rambled and literally wrote the same thing for three paragraphs, I just needed a new start. Honestly it's not a great way to start this project!

Word Count: 2042

Day Two

Day two in the books! Today was a little bit less of a struggle than yesterday. Maybe it was just that it was the first day and trying to start a story can be really challenging. Even when you are trying not to self-edit as you go, you still want to have a strong start. And I was really struggling with any start. But today I got a bit more into a groove. I wrote most of my words first thing in the morning for about half an hour before the kids were up, then a bit more mid-day and finished in the evening. It's definitely a bit challenging with the schedule I do have, but I'll make it work. And I got a bit more than 1,667 words so I definitely feel good about that!

Word Count: 3803

Day Three

I wouldn't say that today went a ton more smoothly than yesterday but it was better. I think I am slowly finding my groove. I worry a little that I will have to go back like last year and add more details in in order to get to my 50,000 words by the end of it but I'll deal with that later. I think I am slowly getting back into the habit of just writing and not worrying too much about the editing and that it sounds perfect and makes complete sense. I'm just working on getting the words out of my head and onto the page. I think that went better today and hopefully I will have found my stride now and get into a groove moving forward. 

Word Count: 5484

Day Four

Today went pretty well. I was just shy of my goal for the day (by 50 words) in my 30 minutes of writing first thing in the morning. I am starting to get more into my characters and really define their personalities and I think that is definitely helping with my story. For some reason I am still struggling with my main character. I haven't quite figured out her personality exactly so it's changing slightly as I write, but I'm trying not to focus on that and just keep writing and getting the words on the page. 

Word Count: 7261

Day Five

Another day in the bag. And really today went pretty dang well. I flew through my words. I slowly getting my characters together and I'm feeling better about how my writing time is going and where it is all going from here. 

Word Count: 8995

Day Six

I didn't get writing as quickly as normal this morning because Rob and I chatted for a bit, so I wasn't able to get all my words in before it was time to switch into mom mode. So I had to struggle through my word count later in the day. And struggle I did, although I did finally get there. I am just so unsure about this novel this year. 

Word Count: 10,757

Day Seven

Today was a Saturday so I didn't get to writing until halfway through the day and I can't say that I like that. I have a lot more trouble focusing so late in the day. It was quiet time so the kids were actually all in their rooms and it was quiet, but my mind kept wondering to other things I wanted to do that day making it hard to stay on task. But I was determined to get my words in even if it took me all afternoon. And it did take me a bit longer but I got there even with extra words to boot. 

Word Count: 12,835

Day Eight

Today wasn't exactly easy but I got through my word count. I don't know why I am still struggling so much with just getting the words down. I think I'm pleased with where things are going mostly, although I'm a little afraid that I will be having to go back and add in more details throughout my story in order to get to my word count like I did last year. I'm hoping not but I don't feel confident that I won't. 

Word Count: 14,563


No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels

A Day in the Life ( 63 ) A Little Extra ( 12 ) A Pregnancy Story ( 53 ) Addison ( 438 ) anniversary ( 42 ) apartment ( 10 ) baby ( 12 ) baking ( 21 ) Beautiful Mess Plans Co ( 3 ) Becca ( 289 ) birthday ( 44 ) Blue Apron ( 17 ) books ( 77 ) breastfeeding ( 6 ) bullet journal ( 21 ) Bump to Baby ( 41 ) Christmas ( 30 ) comparison ( 1 ) Connor ( 105 ) cooking ( 158 ) currently ( 27 ) date ( 18 ) dating ( 2 ) declutter ( 4 ) Decorate with me ( 5 ) Defying Gravity ( 28 ) DIY ( 39 ) Easter ( 8 ) Eat Dessert First ( 17 ) Emma ( 38 ) Every Day Conversations ( 20 ) Every Day Conversations: Kid Edition ( 8 ) exercise ( 62 ) fall ( 10 ) family ( 78 ) Father's Day ( 6 ) Fight Like a Girl ( 10 ) food ( 187 ) Foodstirs ( 2 ) Friday Five ( 11 ) garden ( 2 ) gestational diabetes ( 5 ) God ( 2 ) Halloween ( 24 ) Happy Friday ( 272 ) holiday ( 65 ) home ( 15 ) honeymoon ( 8 ) house ( 78 ) How 'Bout Them Reads ( 64 ) How to Boil Water ( 123 ) Independence Day ( 4 ) job ( 4 ) laughter ( 1 ) life ( 1 ) life list ( 9 ) loss ( 4 ) Making the Cut ( 58 ) Marines ( 29 ) marriage ( 33 ) Meal Prep ( 4 ) Mommy & Me ( 7 ) Mother's Day ( 5 ) Nanowrimo ( 21 ) New Years ( 8 ) On the Kid's Table ( 12 ) Our Beautiful Mess ( 7 ) Our Beautiful Mess Shop ( 20 ) Our Weekend in Photographs ( 124 ) parenting ( 94 ) PCOS ( 7 ) Photo Every Hour ( 1 ) planner ( 4 ) planning ( 2 ) postpartum ( 6 ) potty training ( 3 ) pregancy ( 1 ) pregnancy ( 162 ) Preptober ( 3 ) random thoughts ( 130 ) reading ( 70 ) Reading Challenge ( 65 ) Rob ( 234 ) SAHM ( 16 ) school ( 21 ) secondary infertility ( 9 ) Sense Learn Play ( 6 ) slow cooker ( 3 ) spring ( 16 ) Spring Break ( 1 ) stay at home ( 4 ) Stella ( 38 ) summer ( 22 ) Thanksgiving ( 15 ) Three Ladies & Their Gents ( 23 ) Throwback ( 1 ) vacation ( 4 ) Valentine's Day ( 13 ) video ( 20 ) wedding ( 21 ) week-by-week ( 50 ) winter ( 9 ) word of the month ( 5 ) Wordless Wednesday ( 41 ) Wreck this Journal ( 1 ) writing ( 21 ) Year in Review ( 11 )

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...