Jul 5, 2019

Five on the Fifth // Happy Friday

1. Many mornings - too many really - we hear a quick snap of Connor's door. Then we hear what sounds like someone shoving on his closed door. And every single time we know immediately, just by the sound of the closed door, that Stella walked in there and Connor trapped her. I don't know why Stella keeps walking in there because he traps her every single time. I always imagine him laying in wait and pounces as soon as Stella walks in.


2. The blogs have been lacking lately because off and on the last month I have been without a laptop. I had been using Rob's desktop to work which I hated doing. Basically I started having hardware issues on my computer and after dragging my feet for a long time we finally decided to take it in to be looked at it. We didn't just go for a new laptop because we just replaced the hard drive and wanted to keep that. We were told that we needed a new motherboard and it would be a week. A week goes by and turned out the motherboard they got was bad, so we would try again. Basically they didn't have any measure of success until the third motherboard but it would really only work when the battery was out.

So we would have to replace the battery next. So until the battery came in, I got my laptop back but I could only use it as a desktop basically. Annoying but at least I had it. So the battery came and we took it in, except when they put it, the battery was completely dead. The tech came it his best shot but it just wouldn't charge so we would try again. Second battery came in again and everything seemed to be working and we took it home. However the next day I noticed after being plugged in and not being used for over 12 hours it only got to 92% and said it was plugged in and not charging. And after unplugging it it just stayed at 92% and prompting died on me. So clearly there are other problems.

We decided we would just buy a new laptop and move my harddrive - the most expensive option possible. So we got me a new laptop but Rob couldn't just move my hard drive and actually needs a $8 part in order to do so we are waiting again. We plan to take the original laptop back in after my hard drive is moved and get that sorted out what's happening and use that as a computer the kids can use for their computer games. This has been terrible headache after another.

3. After finishing 21 Day Fix, I started doing Moms Into Fitness: Summer Slimdown. Unlike most of her stuff I really didn't like it. It was so fast paced that I couldn't keep up or even get into the proper position before the move would be over. It all meant that I was more likely to get hurt. Which is basically what happened. After my second week of doing it, I had intense pain in my right thigh. It felt like the tendon or muscle was just going to pop out of my leg every time I stood up. We concluded that I probably pulled something and I needed to take an exercise break to let it rest. So I stopped doing this workout - and all workouts really so to give my leg a break - but with no plans to go back to this program anytime soon. I really do normally love her stuff but I just didn't like this one.

4. Unlike the first couple of months I didn't share about our last Date Night In box. It wasn't our favorite box. It was all about using your sensing. It wasn't that it was terrible - although the food was easily my least favorite. We just didn't enjoy it as much. The box included a taste test of caramel - I don't like caramel and the spicy one definitely reaffirmed that. We had massage cards to try out different massage types. Instead of a booklet included to tell us what to do during our date, it was someone telling us (using another sense there) which was just a little weird. And then we were supposed to answer questions and just talk with our eyes closed. I don't know, we just didn't enjoy it as much so I didn't share about it because meh.

5. It's the weirdest thing sometimes with my sticker shop because you have to stay ahead of the seasons. As soon as school was out, I was already designing back to school kits. Part of my new releases for July is fall. Next month I will be releasing Halloween. It's hard to get into the right head space for the season I'm currently in or the season I'm designing and trying to find inspiration for when it's a completely different season outside.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels

A Day in the Life ( 63 ) A Little Extra ( 12 ) A Pregnancy Story ( 53 ) Addison ( 438 ) anniversary ( 42 ) apartment ( 10 ) baby ( 12 ) baking ( 21 ) Beautiful Mess Plans Co ( 3 ) Becca ( 289 ) birthday ( 44 ) Blue Apron ( 17 ) books ( 77 ) breastfeeding ( 6 ) bullet journal ( 21 ) Bump to Baby ( 41 ) Christmas ( 30 ) comparison ( 1 ) Connor ( 105 ) cooking ( 158 ) currently ( 27 ) date ( 18 ) dating ( 2 ) declutter ( 4 ) Decorate with me ( 5 ) Defying Gravity ( 28 ) DIY ( 39 ) Easter ( 8 ) Eat Dessert First ( 17 ) Emma ( 38 ) Every Day Conversations ( 20 ) Every Day Conversations: Kid Edition ( 8 ) exercise ( 62 ) fall ( 10 ) family ( 78 ) Father's Day ( 6 ) Fight Like a Girl ( 10 ) food ( 187 ) Foodstirs ( 2 ) Friday Five ( 11 ) garden ( 2 ) gestational diabetes ( 5 ) God ( 2 ) Halloween ( 24 ) Happy Friday ( 272 ) holiday ( 65 ) home ( 15 ) honeymoon ( 8 ) house ( 78 ) How 'Bout Them Reads ( 64 ) How to Boil Water ( 123 ) Independence Day ( 4 ) job ( 4 ) laughter ( 1 ) life ( 1 ) life list ( 9 ) loss ( 4 ) Making the Cut ( 58 ) Marines ( 29 ) marriage ( 33 ) Meal Prep ( 4 ) Mommy & Me ( 7 ) Mother's Day ( 5 ) Nanowrimo ( 21 ) New Years ( 8 ) On the Kid's Table ( 12 ) Our Beautiful Mess ( 7 ) Our Beautiful Mess Shop ( 20 ) Our Weekend in Photographs ( 124 ) parenting ( 94 ) PCOS ( 7 ) Photo Every Hour ( 1 ) planner ( 4 ) planning ( 2 ) postpartum ( 6 ) potty training ( 3 ) pregancy ( 1 ) pregnancy ( 162 ) Preptober ( 3 ) random thoughts ( 130 ) reading ( 70 ) Reading Challenge ( 65 ) Rob ( 234 ) SAHM ( 16 ) school ( 21 ) secondary infertility ( 9 ) Sense Learn Play ( 6 ) slow cooker ( 3 ) spring ( 16 ) Spring Break ( 1 ) stay at home ( 4 ) Stella ( 38 ) summer ( 22 ) Thanksgiving ( 15 ) Three Ladies & Their Gents ( 23 ) Throwback ( 1 ) vacation ( 4 ) Valentine's Day ( 13 ) video ( 20 ) wedding ( 21 ) week-by-week ( 50 ) winter ( 9 ) word of the month ( 5 ) Wordless Wednesday ( 41 ) Wreck this Journal ( 1 ) writing ( 21 ) Year in Review ( 11 )

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...