Nov 12, 2019

NaNoWriMo 2019: Week 2

Day Four

Again today I made huge progress. I honestly didn't think I would because I had a lot of work to actually get done but the beauty of my job is that I can cut stickers and write at the same time. I have to take a break and get the next sheet cutting but I love my story so much that it was easy to get back into my story again each time. I probably should have done some design work today but I am so excited about my story and where it has taken me so far that I just want to write. So that's how I spent a lot of my time while working today and I loved it. It was a very good writing day!

Word Count: 12,550

Day Five

I wrote as much as I could today. I just kept sneaking it in between working and kids and life. Although now I'm starting to wonder if I need to go back and add more details in places where I skipped by earlier in order to actually hit my word count of 50,000 by the the month. I have had to do this in the past so it wouldn't be a shock. I don't know I haven't decided what I'm going to do yet.

Word Count: 14,909

Day Six

My goal today was just to hit the 1,667. I did that at least. I mostly went back and started adding in more detail where I had rushed through before and I feel good about what I did today even if it was a little less than the previous days.

Word Count: 16,677

Day Seven

I spent half of today adding in more details and the other half adding in more. I have decided that since I have about five days ahead or so I'm aiming to just keep at 1,667 words a day to not overstress myself about writing (unless I really want to write more) and because I don't need to do more than that (and I have other things I need to take care of around the house and with my shop. Today went well and I hit where I was aiming. So I feel good about today.

Word Count: 18,357

Day Eight

Today went really well. Again I just aimed for my 1,667 words since I had other things to take care of. But it went well getting there. I added in another scene that I had originally planned for in my outline but just came up naturally in the story and fit well. I will admit that I have times that I worry about finishing my outline before I actually get to my word goal but I'll deal with that if that happens and just keep writing and let the story take me where it does. I'm still loving it and I love my characters. All those things makes it so much easier to actually do writing every day.

Word Count: 20,120

Day Nine

Today went well. I hit where I aimed to hit. After doing some work on my outline some more I found a couple places where I want to add more character development scenes so instead of proceeding forward I am now going back to add in those scenes. I'm definitely liking it more because I feel like I am getting a better feel for my characters and you can learn more about them which means you care a little more about them earlier in the story which means you are more interested and invested in them. Needless to say, today was good with the added scenes.

Word Count: 21, 984

Day Ten

I was actually lacking some motivation and inspiration today. I really thought about not writing at all today. But I want to keep my five day lead because I want to be done before Thanksgiving so I sat down and told myself to just get to my word count goal today. I did that, but I don't know how I felt about what I wrote today. It was only so-so but I guess that's what happens when you force yourself to write when you really aren't feeling it.

Word Count: 23, 775

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels

A Day in the Life ( 63 ) A Little Extra ( 12 ) A Pregnancy Story ( 53 ) Addison ( 438 ) anniversary ( 42 ) apartment ( 10 ) baby ( 12 ) baking ( 21 ) Beautiful Mess Plans Co ( 3 ) Becca ( 289 ) birthday ( 44 ) Blue Apron ( 17 ) books ( 77 ) breastfeeding ( 6 ) bullet journal ( 21 ) Bump to Baby ( 41 ) Christmas ( 30 ) comparison ( 1 ) Connor ( 105 ) cooking ( 158 ) currently ( 27 ) date ( 18 ) dating ( 2 ) declutter ( 4 ) Decorate with me ( 5 ) Defying Gravity ( 28 ) DIY ( 39 ) Easter ( 8 ) Eat Dessert First ( 17 ) Emma ( 38 ) Every Day Conversations ( 20 ) Every Day Conversations: Kid Edition ( 8 ) exercise ( 62 ) fall ( 10 ) family ( 78 ) Father's Day ( 6 ) Fight Like a Girl ( 10 ) food ( 187 ) Foodstirs ( 2 ) Friday Five ( 11 ) garden ( 2 ) gestational diabetes ( 5 ) God ( 2 ) Halloween ( 24 ) Happy Friday ( 272 ) holiday ( 65 ) home ( 15 ) honeymoon ( 8 ) house ( 78 ) How 'Bout Them Reads ( 64 ) How to Boil Water ( 123 ) Independence Day ( 4 ) job ( 4 ) laughter ( 1 ) life ( 1 ) life list ( 9 ) loss ( 4 ) Making the Cut ( 58 ) Marines ( 29 ) marriage ( 33 ) Meal Prep ( 4 ) Mommy & Me ( 7 ) Mother's Day ( 5 ) Nanowrimo ( 21 ) New Years ( 8 ) On the Kid's Table ( 12 ) Our Beautiful Mess ( 7 ) Our Beautiful Mess Shop ( 20 ) Our Weekend in Photographs ( 124 ) parenting ( 94 ) PCOS ( 7 ) Photo Every Hour ( 1 ) planner ( 4 ) planning ( 2 ) postpartum ( 6 ) potty training ( 3 ) pregancy ( 1 ) pregnancy ( 162 ) Preptober ( 3 ) random thoughts ( 130 ) reading ( 70 ) Reading Challenge ( 65 ) Rob ( 234 ) SAHM ( 16 ) school ( 21 ) secondary infertility ( 9 ) Sense Learn Play ( 6 ) slow cooker ( 3 ) spring ( 16 ) Spring Break ( 1 ) stay at home ( 4 ) Stella ( 38 ) summer ( 22 ) Thanksgiving ( 15 ) Three Ladies & Their Gents ( 23 ) Throwback ( 1 ) vacation ( 4 ) Valentine's Day ( 13 ) video ( 20 ) wedding ( 21 ) week-by-week ( 50 ) winter ( 9 ) word of the month ( 5 ) Wordless Wednesday ( 41 ) Wreck this Journal ( 1 ) writing ( 21 ) Year in Review ( 11 )

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...