Apr 9, 2020

Emma Lynn: 16 Months



Dear Emma:

We have had one wild month my girl. There has been a lot of adjusting that we have all had to had in light of recent events and it's thrown all of us. But you are you and have no idea what's going on beyond just knowing that everyone is around more. And honestly I wouldn't have it any other way. You are always a light no matter what else is happening and every day I feel lucky just to be your mom and watch you grow into the weird and wonderful little person you are becoming.

You are definitely my climber. I don't know how many times I have had to pull you off of things that you have so gracefully and easily climbed. One day I was putting groceries away and I glance over and thought that I thought I saw your big sister standing at the counter then realized it was you standing on the kid's table. So now I have to keep all small chairs and stools out of sight otherwise you are climbing up, scaring me to death. And it seems that the more I don't want you to do something, the more you do it and the better you get it at! It's really quite exhausting because you are always into something.

One of your favorite activities right now is sitting on me. I have learned that I have to sit on the floor otherwise you want to sit on the couch with me which is really more like climbing all over including leaning over the armrests and I'm constantly trying to keep you from falling on your head. But when I sit on the floor you make it your mission to sit on me in any way you can. Sometimes all you can get to is my arm if I'm laying down so you sit on my arm. You definitely love being close.

With the nicer weather you have lately loved being outside. I have learned that you can climb the playhouse ladder like a pro which makes me so nervous and you love the slide. Your favorite is probably when your dad pushes you on the swing though because he runs at you and all you do is laugh. You also push the bubble mower around the yard. Pretty much anything outside. It makes you sad when the big kids go out but we don't because you just want to go out and play.

Napping has been interesting lately because you just haven't done it as well. Some days I get a great nap out of you but other days it's no more than 30 minutes to an hour. I think part of it is just more movement in the house past your door. With your dad and sister home from work and school all the time, you have more people moving around that you hear. It seems that if you wake up at all, that's it for the nap, so I have to make sure they are creeping by your door if they pass. You are used to me and Connor but everyone else throws you off.

You are also starting to talk more. You aren't always saying words but there is more gibberish which is a big step. It just means that you are trying to communicate with us. And even bigger is that you have been picking up any new sign language I show you very quickly. You definitely seem to understand what we are saying but just taking your sweet time communicating back. So when I sign something to you and you realize that will help you get what you want, you pick it up very quickly. There are a few more words coming out too. Baby steps but we are getting there. I just can't wait to hear what you have to say when you finally get there.

You are such an awesome kid. You are funny. You keep me on my toes and wear me out. You are so stinkin' cute. You just have so much personality already, and I really can't wait to see all of it as you continue to grow. I love you so much, M&M.

Love, Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels

A Day in the Life ( 63 ) A Little Extra ( 12 ) A Pregnancy Story ( 53 ) Addison ( 438 ) anniversary ( 42 ) apartment ( 10 ) baby ( 12 ) baking ( 21 ) Beautiful Mess Plans Co ( 3 ) Becca ( 289 ) birthday ( 44 ) Blue Apron ( 17 ) books ( 77 ) breastfeeding ( 6 ) bullet journal ( 21 ) Bump to Baby ( 41 ) Christmas ( 30 ) comparison ( 1 ) Connor ( 105 ) cooking ( 158 ) currently ( 27 ) date ( 18 ) dating ( 2 ) declutter ( 4 ) Decorate with me ( 5 ) Defying Gravity ( 28 ) DIY ( 39 ) Easter ( 8 ) Eat Dessert First ( 17 ) Emma ( 38 ) Every Day Conversations ( 20 ) Every Day Conversations: Kid Edition ( 8 ) exercise ( 62 ) fall ( 10 ) family ( 78 ) Father's Day ( 6 ) Fight Like a Girl ( 10 ) food ( 187 ) Foodstirs ( 2 ) Friday Five ( 11 ) garden ( 2 ) gestational diabetes ( 5 ) God ( 2 ) Halloween ( 24 ) Happy Friday ( 272 ) holiday ( 65 ) home ( 15 ) honeymoon ( 8 ) house ( 78 ) How 'Bout Them Reads ( 64 ) How to Boil Water ( 123 ) Independence Day ( 4 ) job ( 4 ) laughter ( 1 ) life ( 1 ) life list ( 9 ) loss ( 4 ) Making the Cut ( 58 ) Marines ( 29 ) marriage ( 33 ) Meal Prep ( 4 ) Mommy & Me ( 7 ) Mother's Day ( 5 ) Nanowrimo ( 21 ) New Years ( 8 ) On the Kid's Table ( 12 ) Our Beautiful Mess ( 7 ) Our Beautiful Mess Shop ( 20 ) Our Weekend in Photographs ( 124 ) parenting ( 94 ) PCOS ( 7 ) Photo Every Hour ( 1 ) planner ( 4 ) planning ( 2 ) postpartum ( 6 ) potty training ( 3 ) pregancy ( 1 ) pregnancy ( 162 ) Preptober ( 3 ) random thoughts ( 130 ) reading ( 70 ) Reading Challenge ( 65 ) Rob ( 234 ) SAHM ( 16 ) school ( 21 ) secondary infertility ( 9 ) Sense Learn Play ( 6 ) slow cooker ( 3 ) spring ( 16 ) Spring Break ( 1 ) stay at home ( 4 ) Stella ( 38 ) summer ( 22 ) Thanksgiving ( 15 ) Three Ladies & Their Gents ( 23 ) Throwback ( 1 ) vacation ( 4 ) Valentine's Day ( 13 ) video ( 20 ) wedding ( 21 ) week-by-week ( 50 ) winter ( 9 ) word of the month ( 5 ) Wordless Wednesday ( 41 ) Wreck this Journal ( 1 ) writing ( 21 ) Year in Review ( 11 )

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...