Apr 7, 2020

A Day in the Life: 7.6 Year, 4.2 Year & 16 Month Edition

5:00 -- I'm up at this terrible hour again to workout. I am trying to stick to a routine as best I can and I know that working out and showering when they are all awake - especially Emma - just isn't going to happen so headache and all I'm up.

5:35 -- I head back upstairs to take a shower.

5:55 -- And once again I'm back downstairs to get some work done. I had a sale last weekend so I have a lot of orders to prep for mailing, plus another order came in yesterday so I have cutting to do. I also have plenty of other designing to take care of. There is a long list of things to do and this is my chunk of time that I definitely get kidfree to work. I hate running the cutter so early but you gotta do what you gotta do.


7:35 -- Rob and Connor show up behind me. Connor immediately runs off to the bathroom then starts playing with Lego while Rob and I briefly talk.

7:38 -- Emma is awake too which means full on switch to mom mode. We all head back upstairs and I head into Emma's room to get her out of her crib. She hates when I go upstairs and walk by her room to do something else before I go to her. She has the first bedroom at the top of the stairs and she can see me through the crack in her door and it definitely makes her angry.

7:47 -- Emma and Connor are both dressed and we head downstairs for breakfast. The kids are having mini pancakes, scrambled eggs, a banana and the big kids have Go-Gurts while Emma has Cheerios.


8:00 -- Addie comes wandering down ready for breakfast.


8:12 -- Addie is finishing up eating breakfast but the other two are done so we head upstairs to brush teeth. Then we head into the master bedroom so I can do a clean on the bathroom. It's been too long partly due to the fact that Rob has been working in the bedroom which means there is no good time to clean but I'm finally taking care of it today. Emma sits with Rob for awhile while he checks emails and I clean as fast as I can.


Addie came up briefly to brush her teeth then headed right back downstairs to work on her writing prompt that I have her do everyday.

8:36 -- I take the little two back downstairs so we can do our reading. Every morning (or at least during the week) I have been reading all three a chapter out of Sideway Stories from Wayside School. They all seem to be enjoying it and for some reason it's the quietest they all are all day long.


8:49 -- We finish up reading and Rob comes down to head off to the grocery store. He has been doing the grocery runs for me which are stressful for everyone. It's hard to make the meal plan because I never know what they will have in stock (although in all fairness the last two weeks the stores have been pretty well stocked) and poor Rob is suddenly doing my big grocery run for me every week. He is getting faster however the more times he does it.

Today he heads off with a scarf since we don't have a face masks yet, looking like he's about to rob the joint. But he's off and away.

8:50 -- We get started on school today. Our district is doing a Continuous Learning program which isn't required but it is required for my kids. We are doing something every day at least for a little bit. Since it's a Monday, it's reading day for both kids. They even have some stuff for preschool so after getting Addison set up, I sit down with Connor (and Emma) and we start his lesson.



9:10 -- Connor is done with his since it's not quite as involved with Addison's and he wanders around and plays. I sit down and eat breakfast while Addie finishes up then does the library activity too.



9:43 -- Addie is done with her school stuff so I turned on Gonoodle on Youtube to get some wiggles out.


10:24 -- Rob is back from the store so I put the groceries away so he can get back to work aka go back upstairs.


I then let the kids watch Finding Dory. We are doing a Disney bracket to decide on the best Disney movie (it is something I found on Pinterest and it doesn't have the newest Disney movies but it's still got a lot). It also lets us pick a movie without fighting over what we are going to watch. So right now Finding Dory is going up against The Rescuers (and by the way, the kids like The Rescuers better).

10:42 -- I finish putting things away so I sit back down with the kids and watch the movie. My head is pounding today. I'm borderline migraine which is not what I need on this Monday.

11:42 -- Everyone is hungry so lunch time. The big kids both have a hot dog, chips, and raisins. Emma has deli turkey instead but otherwise all the same.


12:18 -- Rob comes down for lunch and we chat.

12:35 -- Rob finishes eating and heads back upstairs to get back to work.

12:48 -- I change Emma's diaper and we go sit down to read before her nap.

12:55 -- I come back down. Connor is not allowed to be left alone so he's sticking with me (he's had some accidents recently so we aren't leaving him alone). Addie heads up to her room to read and color.

Connor and I head into the office so I can get some work done.


2:43 -- Addie has reappeared from her room

2:53 -- I head up to get Emma who has actually been awake for awhile but I was hoping she would fall back to sleep. She didn't.


3:07 -- Emma has a snack while the big two head outside.


3:58 -- The kids are back in after telling me they thought they felt raindrops. I have no clue if they really did or not but whatever. They were out for awhile anyway.


4:52 -- Rob is done for the day. I start dinner and he plays the Switch to keep the kids out from under my feet.


5:21 -- Dinner is ready. We are trying something new tonight - we are having Crispy Refried Beans and Sweet Potato Tacos with Avocado Salsa and corn. I thought it was pretty good.


5:41 -- We are done eating and start cleaning up.

5:52 -- Emma and Rob play chase around the kitchen which is her favorite fame. Then we spend the evening just hanging out. The kids watch something on the iPad while I play Animal Crossing. Emma and Rob continue to play together.


7:15 -- Time to clean up. Which at some point in the process both Connor and Addie end up in time out because we are having listening issues but we get past it and get it all cleaned up.

7:27 -- Emma has yogurt while Addie goes for a shower and Connor puts his pajamas on.


7:43 -- Rob reads to Emma then puts her down.


7:46 -- I finish with Connor and he too is down.


8:18 -- Addie is always our last up. She does her planner everyday then reads then finally she too is down.


I am so dead tired and plus that headache that won't leave me alone so I pretty much just veg out for the evening while Rob plays some video games. And that's our day.

It definitely looks a bit different than it did even a month ago but we are getting through it and making it work.


7.5 Year, 4.1 Year & 15 Month Edition -- 7.4, 4 Year & 14 Month Edition -- 7.3 Year, 3.11 Year & 13 Month Edition -- 7.2 Year, 3.10 Year & 12 Month Edition -- 7.1 Year, 3.9 Year & 11 Month Edition -- 7 Year, 3.8 Year & 10 Month Edition -- 6.11 Year, 3.7 Year & 9 Month Edition -- 6.10 Year, 3.6 Year & 8 Month Edition -- 6.9 Year, 3.5 Year & 7 Month Edition -- 6.8 Year, 3.4 Year & 5 Month Edition -- 6.7 Year, 3.3 Year & 5 Month Edition -- 6.6 Year, 3.2 Year & 4 Month Edition -- 6.5, 3.1 Year & 3 Month Edition -- 6.4, 35 Month & 2 Month Edition -- 6.3 Year, 34 Month & 1 Month Edition -- 5.11 & 31 Month Edition -- 5.7 year & 27 Month Edition -- 5.4 Year & 24 Month Edition -- 5.3 Year & 23 Month Edition -- 5.2 Year & 22 Month Edition -- 5.1 Year & 21 Month Edition -- 5 year & 20 Month Edition -- 4.11 Year & 19 Month Edition -- 4.10 Year & 18 Month Edition -- 4.9 Year & 17 Month Edition -- 4.8 Year & 16 Month Edition -- 4.7 Year & 15 Month Edition -- 4.6 Year & 14 Month Edition -- 4.5 Year & 13 Month Edition -- 4.4 Year & 12 Month Edition -- 4.3 Year & 11 Month Edition -- 4.2 Year & 10 Month Edition -- 4.1 Year & 9 Month Edition -- 4 Year & 8 Month Edition -- 47 Month & 7 Month Edition -- 46 Month & 6 Month Edition -- 45 Month & 5 Month Edition -- 44 Month & 4 Month Edition -- 43 Month & 3 Month Edition -- 42 Month & 2 Month Edition -- 41 Month & 2 Week Edition - 39 Month Edition - 37 Month Edition -- 34 Month Edition -- 31 Month Edition -- A Saturday Drill Edition -- 27 Month Edition -- 2 Year Edition -- 22 Month Edition -- 15 Month Edition -- 10 Month Edition

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels

A Day in the Life ( 63 ) A Little Extra ( 12 ) A Pregnancy Story ( 53 ) Addison ( 438 ) anniversary ( 42 ) apartment ( 10 ) baby ( 12 ) baking ( 21 ) Beautiful Mess Plans Co ( 3 ) Becca ( 289 ) birthday ( 44 ) Blue Apron ( 17 ) books ( 77 ) breastfeeding ( 6 ) bullet journal ( 21 ) Bump to Baby ( 41 ) Christmas ( 30 ) comparison ( 1 ) Connor ( 105 ) cooking ( 158 ) currently ( 27 ) date ( 18 ) dating ( 2 ) declutter ( 4 ) Decorate with me ( 5 ) Defying Gravity ( 28 ) DIY ( 39 ) Easter ( 8 ) Eat Dessert First ( 17 ) Emma ( 38 ) Every Day Conversations ( 20 ) Every Day Conversations: Kid Edition ( 8 ) exercise ( 62 ) fall ( 10 ) family ( 78 ) Father's Day ( 6 ) Fight Like a Girl ( 10 ) food ( 187 ) Foodstirs ( 2 ) Friday Five ( 11 ) garden ( 2 ) gestational diabetes ( 5 ) God ( 2 ) Halloween ( 24 ) Happy Friday ( 272 ) holiday ( 65 ) home ( 15 ) honeymoon ( 8 ) house ( 78 ) How 'Bout Them Reads ( 64 ) How to Boil Water ( 123 ) Independence Day ( 4 ) job ( 4 ) laughter ( 1 ) life ( 1 ) life list ( 9 ) loss ( 4 ) Making the Cut ( 58 ) Marines ( 29 ) marriage ( 33 ) Meal Prep ( 4 ) Mommy & Me ( 7 ) Mother's Day ( 5 ) Nanowrimo ( 21 ) New Years ( 8 ) On the Kid's Table ( 12 ) Our Beautiful Mess ( 7 ) Our Beautiful Mess Shop ( 20 ) Our Weekend in Photographs ( 124 ) parenting ( 94 ) PCOS ( 7 ) Photo Every Hour ( 1 ) planner ( 4 ) planning ( 2 ) postpartum ( 6 ) potty training ( 3 ) pregancy ( 1 ) pregnancy ( 162 ) Preptober ( 3 ) random thoughts ( 130 ) reading ( 70 ) Reading Challenge ( 65 ) Rob ( 234 ) SAHM ( 16 ) school ( 21 ) secondary infertility ( 9 ) Sense Learn Play ( 6 ) slow cooker ( 3 ) spring ( 16 ) Spring Break ( 1 ) stay at home ( 4 ) Stella ( 38 ) summer ( 22 ) Thanksgiving ( 15 ) Three Ladies & Their Gents ( 23 ) Throwback ( 1 ) vacation ( 4 ) Valentine's Day ( 13 ) video ( 20 ) wedding ( 21 ) week-by-week ( 50 ) winter ( 9 ) word of the month ( 5 ) Wordless Wednesday ( 41 ) Wreck this Journal ( 1 ) writing ( 21 ) Year in Review ( 11 )

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...