May 8, 2020

Three Ladies & Their Gents: Spring 2020 Edition

Rob

Honestly it's a lot easier to see what he's actually up to all day when he's working from home, which is exactly what's been happening for the last almost two months now. Just like with pretty much everyone else Rob has had to change his daily habits like making a makeshift office up in our bedroom. So pretty much his routine does stay the same except no commute and he makes lunch for the kids to give me a quick break midday. Otherwise he does a little of this and that around the house. He's been building me end tables and with the weather being nicer and us with nowhere to go on the weekends, he has had more time for projects like that which I think he has enjoyed. However he's less pleased with the fact that it's mowing time of year again. He really doesn't like mowing and since we turned on the sprinklers, it's that time again. He's mowed once and it does always look so much better but he just doesn't care of it. 

Becca

I have been doing much of the same with less daily walks and more kid time. Even for us stay at home moms, our lives were drastically changed. I might not have gone a lot of places except my weekly trip with Emma to the grocery store which I kind of miss, but I never wanted to take on the rest of the school year with the other two. Regardless here we are so I seem to have a lot on my plate. The shop is going really well actually. I thought things would slow way down with everything going on but it turns out that things are going really well. I love being busy but I didn't expect to be so busy with the kids at the same time. To be honest I'm really tired. I'm worn down. But my leg is acting up a bit again which wears me down faster. It's a phase and we'll get through it but yes very tired. 

Addison

Addie has handled everything like a pro because despite the fact that she doesn't like change and she doesn't like losing control of things, she is still Addie. Girl is tougher than nails and although she misses school a lot she is doing really well. I can tell it's close to the end of the year because she is pretty antsy about the routine and school work but she's doing okay. She's sad to miss out on school things but also she had just started dance before everything closed down so that was suddenly off the table too. She doesn't always understand why she can't do things but she is doing her best to help around the house and be a good example for her little brother and sister. 

Connor

So little story here about my favorite little dude. His hair was looking a bit shaggy so I casually mention to Rob that maybe we should cut it. Next thing I know Rob is buzzing his hair and it was short. Really short and I was almost in tears. Connor no longer looked like Connor and I hated it. Connor is a little bummed because he no longer can do crazy hair and I am desperately hoping his hair grows fast. Rob was trying to help and I honestly didn't know how to do anymore than buzz a head if I wanted to. He didn't buzz it as short as Rob keeps his hair but I was seriously heartbroken. Of course Connor is still Connor despite the haircut. He misses school desperately but he's doing well. He's happy and healthy, and just being Connor. I can be having a horrible day but somehow he can always make me laugh a few days because he's an amazing and funny kid.

Emma

I love this girl with every fiber of my being but she wears me out. She is into everything. She doesn't listen. She sasses back, although I have no clue what she's actually saying. She climbs on everything. She's been trying to color on everything. She gets into the trash can. If you have ever had a one year old then you know and you get me here. But man she wears me out. But at the same time she walks around swinging her little arms. She hugs onto her blanket because it's her dearest possession. She blows kisses at bed time. She answers things with 'otay' which is pretty much the most adorable thing ever. She actually has been a bit under the weather lately. She has a runny nose and a bit of a cough. But she is also getting teeth in so that can pretty much explain that and her constant need to be right on top of me. She has a full set of teeth in there except for her fangs so at least we are at the end of the road when it comes to teething if we can just get through these. 

Stella

Stella has been the least trouble of the lot but she hasn't been a cake walk either. She came down with her cat cold, sneezing a bunch and just a general not feeling good. But finally it seems like she was starting to feel better however she was still stressed. Now it seems a little weird that we would know that but Stella has eye problems and we know that her eyes get really goopy when she is stressed and not feeling good. It would always get really bad when I was pregnant because she could feel the change coming. So we started using these calming collars on her when she would get really stressed and her eyes got really gross. Well with everything going on and we have been more stressed and even Rob has been working from home, she knows something is amiss and the eye gunk of was back. So we decided to get her more calming collars and see if we could get her feeling better. I couldn't find the kind I got before online so I ordered another kind that got a lot of positive reviews. We get them and instantly know the scent is different but give it a shot. Instead of smelling like lavender like before she now smells like mint-cinnamon gum. It was really quite strange. Well, we don't think much of it and she seems okay so that's that. Until about a week and a half later when Rob is petting her and notices the under side of her neck is almost completely bare and rare. We quickly take the collar off. We don't know if she had just been scratching to get it off which she didn't do with the last kind I got or if she actually had a bad reaction to the collar and the ingredients itself and that's why she was scratching. But either way she felt horrible because instead of making the problem better we made it worse. We have since been watching it to make sure it looks like it's healing and not getting infected, and luckily it is looking better. But this poor cat has had a tough go lately and we haven't helped much despite our best efforts. I think we should rather we just left her alone - I mean I guess she is a cat afterall.,,,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels

A Day in the Life ( 63 ) A Little Extra ( 12 ) A Pregnancy Story ( 53 ) Addison ( 438 ) anniversary ( 42 ) apartment ( 10 ) baby ( 12 ) baking ( 21 ) Beautiful Mess Plans Co ( 3 ) Becca ( 289 ) birthday ( 44 ) Blue Apron ( 17 ) books ( 77 ) breastfeeding ( 6 ) bullet journal ( 21 ) Bump to Baby ( 41 ) Christmas ( 30 ) comparison ( 1 ) Connor ( 105 ) cooking ( 158 ) currently ( 27 ) date ( 18 ) dating ( 2 ) declutter ( 4 ) Decorate with me ( 5 ) Defying Gravity ( 28 ) DIY ( 39 ) Easter ( 8 ) Eat Dessert First ( 17 ) Emma ( 38 ) Every Day Conversations ( 20 ) Every Day Conversations: Kid Edition ( 8 ) exercise ( 62 ) fall ( 10 ) family ( 78 ) Father's Day ( 6 ) Fight Like a Girl ( 10 ) food ( 187 ) Foodstirs ( 2 ) Friday Five ( 11 ) garden ( 2 ) gestational diabetes ( 5 ) God ( 2 ) Halloween ( 24 ) Happy Friday ( 272 ) holiday ( 65 ) home ( 15 ) honeymoon ( 8 ) house ( 78 ) How 'Bout Them Reads ( 64 ) How to Boil Water ( 123 ) Independence Day ( 4 ) job ( 4 ) laughter ( 1 ) life ( 1 ) life list ( 9 ) loss ( 4 ) Making the Cut ( 58 ) Marines ( 29 ) marriage ( 33 ) Meal Prep ( 4 ) Mommy & Me ( 7 ) Mother's Day ( 5 ) Nanowrimo ( 21 ) New Years ( 8 ) On the Kid's Table ( 12 ) Our Beautiful Mess ( 7 ) Our Beautiful Mess Shop ( 20 ) Our Weekend in Photographs ( 124 ) parenting ( 94 ) PCOS ( 7 ) Photo Every Hour ( 1 ) planner ( 4 ) planning ( 2 ) postpartum ( 6 ) potty training ( 3 ) pregancy ( 1 ) pregnancy ( 162 ) Preptober ( 3 ) random thoughts ( 130 ) reading ( 70 ) Reading Challenge ( 65 ) Rob ( 234 ) SAHM ( 16 ) school ( 21 ) secondary infertility ( 9 ) Sense Learn Play ( 6 ) slow cooker ( 3 ) spring ( 16 ) Spring Break ( 1 ) stay at home ( 4 ) Stella ( 38 ) summer ( 22 ) Thanksgiving ( 15 ) Three Ladies & Their Gents ( 23 ) Throwback ( 1 ) vacation ( 4 ) Valentine's Day ( 13 ) video ( 20 ) wedding ( 21 ) week-by-week ( 50 ) winter ( 9 ) word of the month ( 5 ) Wordless Wednesday ( 41 ) Wreck this Journal ( 1 ) writing ( 21 ) Year in Review ( 11 )

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...