Jan 19, 2021

Decorate with Me: Connor's Room

 After I finished working on the counter on the main floor I had some ideas of where I was going to move on to next in the house, but before I could really make up my mind Connor made it for me. He decided that he didn't want the pictures on his wall anymore and instead of asking for help ripped it off the wall, taking some of the wall with it. He later confessed that he didn't want to ask for help because he didn't want to make me sad. Those were frames and the theme I chose for his room when he was a baby. In fact 'just keep swimming' was something I told himself a lot while we were trying to get pregnant with him and going through miscarriages and infertility. 

But he was probably right, it was time to grow up his room. I had planned to do Addie's first but Addie told him that she didn't want her room changed so I put her room on the back burner. 


If there's something you should know about Connor it's this: he loves Superheroes, Hot Wheels and Legos. That pretty much sums him up. I didn't want to go with Hot Wheels or Lego so I went with Superheroes and I'll be honest I love how it turned out. 

However quick note I want to apologize for the messy room. I didn't have the time or the energy to straighten it before I snapped some photos. It's a little boy's room, so you get what you get, but I think you'll get the feel of it despite the mess. 


First we had moved out the dresser awhile before this because he just didn't need it and it gave him room for his hot wheel garage. And yes there is a giant pile of hot wheels in the corner. He actually has a far more room than it looks like here and if it's room is actually clean it's even more room, so just imagine that it's actually clean. 

All the inspiration of his room actually came from the avengers posts, although I'll get around to those later in the post. And then it quickly came together. 



One of the things that Connor asked for specifically was a family picture in his room. It seemed like a random request but he was pretty certain about it and kept asking for one so I put up that one from Easter last year. It was in an Ikea frame that I already had so that made it pretty cheap and easy. I did buy that little C and the wooden sign which is a quote from The Sandlot. I honestly don't remember where I got the sign from because I got it so long ago but it was on Etsy. The Avengers symbols were just blank and white pictures I found on the internet and put into frames that again I already had. Sometimes I think that this wall needs something else but I can't ever decide so for now I just leave it be. 



His other request was that I leave his mobile. I got that for him when he was a baby and I was planning on taking it down but he wanted me to keep it, so I kept it up. Again it was an Etsy find (I got one for Emma years later in different colors - they are seriously cute).


These Avengers frames were where the whole room stemmed from. I found these and knew these were exactly what we needed for his room. I got these posters first as the six original Avengers then later bought Spider-Man and Ant-Man later from an Etsy shop called My Geek Posters. You can find them here. I had to buy the frames but I found them all on Amazon for a decent price as a set. 

My original idea was to have the six heroes in two rows by his bed, but when we started putting them up we decided it was going to be both too high and too low, so Rob came up with the idea to put them like this which is what prompted me to buy the last two posters. And really it works really well. 

We also got the bedframe from his bed (it's from Wayfair) and although Rob really doubted me at first about if we really needed bed frames, he did even admit that it makes the room feel more finished. 


The top long picture was a gift he was given for Christmas. If you look at it from one angle then it's all the good guys but if you look the other way it's the bad guys. It's a pretty cool picture. 

But it's this sign that really adds something fun and cool into his room. I found this sign on an Etsy shop called FabWrapMyHairCrafts. It's a wood sign that has LED lights and he has a remote that he can change it as much as he wants to different colors or a fade effect and so forth. And when it's not lit up, it's just a stained wooden sign. It's very cool and I think it's Connor's favorite thing about his room. 


The last thing that we did was hang up all his masks. I was always picking up all his masks everywhere so I thought we could just use some 3mm hooks to hand all his masks (I haven't figured out how to handle his infinity gauntlet yet). It's a bit chaotic looking because I let Connor put where they went, but that's okay because it works. 


So that's his room. Should I have cleaned his room and had better lighting? Probably but I didn't, so there's that. I think you still got the idea of his room. 

Of course now that Connor has his room all finished Addie got a little jealous and decided she wanted her room done too. So now I'm working on her room as well. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels

A Day in the Life ( 63 ) A Little Extra ( 12 ) A Pregnancy Story ( 53 ) Addison ( 438 ) anniversary ( 42 ) apartment ( 10 ) baby ( 12 ) baking ( 21 ) Beautiful Mess Plans Co ( 3 ) Becca ( 289 ) birthday ( 44 ) Blue Apron ( 17 ) books ( 77 ) breastfeeding ( 6 ) bullet journal ( 21 ) Bump to Baby ( 41 ) Christmas ( 30 ) comparison ( 1 ) Connor ( 105 ) cooking ( 158 ) currently ( 27 ) date ( 18 ) dating ( 2 ) declutter ( 4 ) Decorate with me ( 5 ) Defying Gravity ( 28 ) DIY ( 39 ) Easter ( 8 ) Eat Dessert First ( 17 ) Emma ( 38 ) Every Day Conversations ( 20 ) Every Day Conversations: Kid Edition ( 8 ) exercise ( 62 ) fall ( 10 ) family ( 78 ) Father's Day ( 6 ) Fight Like a Girl ( 10 ) food ( 187 ) Foodstirs ( 2 ) Friday Five ( 11 ) garden ( 2 ) gestational diabetes ( 5 ) God ( 2 ) Halloween ( 24 ) Happy Friday ( 272 ) holiday ( 65 ) home ( 15 ) honeymoon ( 8 ) house ( 78 ) How 'Bout Them Reads ( 64 ) How to Boil Water ( 123 ) Independence Day ( 4 ) job ( 4 ) laughter ( 1 ) life ( 1 ) life list ( 9 ) loss ( 4 ) Making the Cut ( 58 ) Marines ( 29 ) marriage ( 33 ) Meal Prep ( 4 ) Mommy & Me ( 7 ) Mother's Day ( 5 ) Nanowrimo ( 21 ) New Years ( 8 ) On the Kid's Table ( 12 ) Our Beautiful Mess ( 7 ) Our Beautiful Mess Shop ( 20 ) Our Weekend in Photographs ( 124 ) parenting ( 94 ) PCOS ( 7 ) Photo Every Hour ( 1 ) planner ( 4 ) planning ( 2 ) postpartum ( 6 ) potty training ( 3 ) pregancy ( 1 ) pregnancy ( 162 ) Preptober ( 3 ) random thoughts ( 130 ) reading ( 70 ) Reading Challenge ( 65 ) Rob ( 234 ) SAHM ( 16 ) school ( 21 ) secondary infertility ( 9 ) Sense Learn Play ( 6 ) slow cooker ( 3 ) spring ( 16 ) Spring Break ( 1 ) stay at home ( 4 ) Stella ( 38 ) summer ( 22 ) Thanksgiving ( 15 ) Three Ladies & Their Gents ( 23 ) Throwback ( 1 ) vacation ( 4 ) Valentine's Day ( 13 ) video ( 20 ) wedding ( 21 ) week-by-week ( 50 ) winter ( 9 ) word of the month ( 5 ) Wordless Wednesday ( 41 ) Wreck this Journal ( 1 ) writing ( 21 ) Year in Review ( 11 )

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...