Sep 18, 2013

Hair. Oh Hair. You are a Big Pain.

Here's a few fun facts:
  • I cut my hair in August (read about that here).
  • It is now at a very awkward length.
  • Every year (except last year because I had just had a baby) I go to a little thing called a Marine Corps Birthday Ball.
  • When you attend a Marine Corps Birthday Ball, you dress up. You get a formal dress, wear make up, wear nice shoes, and do your hair in some formal way.
  • The Marine Corps Birthday Ball this year is on November 2. 
Weren't those just a blast and a half?

I know what you're thinking: "November 2nd? That's still over a month away!" And yes you would be correct, but you have to think about these things early. I'm guessing that you've figured out that this is about my hair. I got a dress already. And if you'll let me digress just for a second to say something regarding dresses for the Marine Crops Birthday Ball: It is close to impossible to find a formal, long dress at a reasonable price. Short dresses are in style and a short dress for the ball just isn't going to cut it. And the long dresses that were in my original price range looked as if they barely would cover anything and somethings just don't need to be seen. They especially don't need to be seen at the Marine Corps Birthday Ball. If there is ever a moment in your life when you want to be classy it would be at the ball.  Personally, I think that being classy should be an all the time thing. Classy is always in style! Think of it this way - I am representing my husband, an officer in the Marine Corps, and I should dress that way. Be an example. Be modest. Be classy. 

Anyway, I found a dress. I have shoes, per our fun tradition, I wear my camo flats. But my hair is a mystery. I think I have been stumped about what to do with my hair every year now. Let me look. Oh yes, here it is, a post from two years ago about me being clueless about what to do with my hair. I liked what I ended up (check out the 2011 MCBB here). It was simple. It looked nice. It was something I could do without wanting to pull all my hair out, sit in a corner, and cry. 

But now, my friends, I daily want to pull all my hair out, sit in a corner and cry. So you can imagine how I feel when trying to figure out what I will do about my short hair for the ball this year. I know it will grow between now and the ball, but it's not exactly breaking world records at the speed in which it is growing, unless it's breaking the record of slowest hair to grow E-V-E-R! So basically I'm not holding my breath for a lot more length than what I already have for the ball to make a potential updo easier. 

So lately I've been searching Pinterest (where else?!) for some potential hairstyles for the ball. And how has my search gone so far? Honestly, not well. Ideally I would love an updo in order to get my hair out of my face but I'm thinking my hair will just be too short. So maybe a half-up look? Here's some of my choices:

via

via

via (I'm thinking #3 or #4)
Any thoughts? I'm seriously at a lost for what to do. I'm still looking around, and I'm open to suggestions. I'm wanting easy. I'm wanting simple. I'm wanting classy. I'm wanting to not think about this anymore. This is definitely my least favorite part of the Marine Corps Birthday Ball. Who am I kidding?! Hair is my least favorite part of life sometimes. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels

A Day in the Life ( 63 ) A Little Extra ( 12 ) A Pregnancy Story ( 53 ) Addison ( 438 ) anniversary ( 42 ) apartment ( 10 ) baby ( 12 ) baking ( 21 ) Beautiful Mess Plans Co ( 3 ) Becca ( 289 ) birthday ( 44 ) Blue Apron ( 17 ) books ( 77 ) breastfeeding ( 6 ) bullet journal ( 21 ) Bump to Baby ( 41 ) Christmas ( 30 ) comparison ( 1 ) Connor ( 105 ) cooking ( 158 ) currently ( 27 ) date ( 18 ) dating ( 2 ) declutter ( 4 ) Decorate with me ( 5 ) Defying Gravity ( 28 ) DIY ( 39 ) Easter ( 8 ) Eat Dessert First ( 17 ) Emma ( 38 ) Every Day Conversations ( 20 ) Every Day Conversations: Kid Edition ( 8 ) exercise ( 62 ) fall ( 10 ) family ( 78 ) Father's Day ( 6 ) Fight Like a Girl ( 10 ) food ( 187 ) Foodstirs ( 2 ) Friday Five ( 11 ) garden ( 2 ) gestational diabetes ( 5 ) God ( 2 ) Halloween ( 24 ) Happy Friday ( 272 ) holiday ( 65 ) home ( 15 ) honeymoon ( 8 ) house ( 78 ) How 'Bout Them Reads ( 64 ) How to Boil Water ( 123 ) Independence Day ( 4 ) job ( 4 ) laughter ( 1 ) life ( 1 ) life list ( 9 ) loss ( 4 ) Making the Cut ( 58 ) Marines ( 29 ) marriage ( 33 ) Meal Prep ( 4 ) Mommy & Me ( 7 ) Mother's Day ( 5 ) Nanowrimo ( 21 ) New Years ( 8 ) On the Kid's Table ( 12 ) Our Beautiful Mess ( 7 ) Our Beautiful Mess Shop ( 20 ) Our Weekend in Photographs ( 124 ) parenting ( 94 ) PCOS ( 7 ) Photo Every Hour ( 1 ) planner ( 4 ) planning ( 2 ) postpartum ( 6 ) potty training ( 3 ) pregancy ( 1 ) pregnancy ( 162 ) Preptober ( 3 ) random thoughts ( 130 ) reading ( 70 ) Reading Challenge ( 65 ) Rob ( 234 ) SAHM ( 16 ) school ( 21 ) secondary infertility ( 9 ) Sense Learn Play ( 6 ) slow cooker ( 3 ) spring ( 16 ) Spring Break ( 1 ) stay at home ( 4 ) Stella ( 38 ) summer ( 22 ) Thanksgiving ( 15 ) Three Ladies & Their Gents ( 23 ) Throwback ( 1 ) vacation ( 4 ) Valentine's Day ( 13 ) video ( 20 ) wedding ( 21 ) week-by-week ( 50 ) winter ( 9 ) word of the month ( 5 ) Wordless Wednesday ( 41 ) Wreck this Journal ( 1 ) writing ( 21 ) Year in Review ( 11 )

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...