Apr 8, 2014

Eight on the Eighth

1. Even if I don't plan on going anywhere that day I tend to feel better if I actually get dressed and at least comb my hair. My days tend to go better and I feel better about myself.

2. I have written in my journal every day since the start of the new year.

3. I miss disappearing into a book for a day. I love getting into a new book (especially a series - I am rereading The Hunger games and loved it just as much this time as before) and just spending the day in that world. I love my life but sometimes it's nice to step into someone else's shoes and become that person for a little while.


4. There are times when I seriously consider hair extensions. My hair is so thin and pretty much useless all the time that there is nothing I can do with it other than wearing them in two French braids. I always think how awesome it would be then I see the price and realize the hubs would think I'm crazy, tell me that hair shouldn't be that expensive, and then tell me that he likes my hair just the way it is. Gotta love him but he knows nothing about hair.

5. A week or so ago I had to get a cavity filled. In the whole scheme of things, that isn't so bad. It's just a cavity. It happens. But what made me annoyed was that fact that I brushed my teeth twice a day, flossed every night, and I don't really eat sweets but yet I still had one. The hubs usually just ends up using mouthwash at night and he didn't have any. Dang man!

6. I love our fridge. I mean I seriously love it. (Remember I even wrote a Ode to Fred.) It is awesome and I
love it. And in case you don't know, the reason why we have the fridge with the freezer on bottom and French doors is because I was pregnant at the time that we were picking out appliances and I was tired of having to bend over to get things from the bottom of the fridge and then things would always go back in the drawers at the very bottom in the basic one we had at our old apartment. So I told Rob I wanted the freezer on the bottom, and that's what we have now. Luckily he was down for it even though it was more expensive, but thanks to a mess up thing at Best Buy at the time we actually ended up with the largest size at the medium size price. It's a great fridge.


7. I actually love going back and looking through some of my old posts. I've been doing this for four years now (WOW!) and there are a lot of posts in there (700 - today is 701 - crazy). Some are embarrassing. Some I wish I could do again. Some I wish I could delete all together...oh wait, I can. It's my blog! And there are definitely some hidden gems in there. Maybe I'll have to do a post soon about some old posts that I have recently refound that have made me laugh. That sounds like fun, right?!

8. I have a pair of sweatpants that I love that I just recently got from Old Navy. I even loved that the tie on them was perfectly flat and I didn't have to untie them in order to put them on and take them off, so I left them as is. Well, Rob was being funny (or what he thought was funny) one evening and pulled the string on those sweatpants. I was devastated. I wasn't seriously angry at him but I was really upset. He tried to fix it but failed miserably. I also tried and it was okay, but it just isn't the same. Sad...

via


No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels

A Day in the Life ( 63 ) A Little Extra ( 12 ) A Pregnancy Story ( 53 ) Addison ( 438 ) anniversary ( 42 ) apartment ( 10 ) baby ( 12 ) baking ( 21 ) Beautiful Mess Plans Co ( 3 ) Becca ( 289 ) birthday ( 44 ) Blue Apron ( 17 ) books ( 77 ) breastfeeding ( 6 ) bullet journal ( 21 ) Bump to Baby ( 41 ) Christmas ( 30 ) comparison ( 1 ) Connor ( 105 ) cooking ( 158 ) currently ( 27 ) date ( 18 ) dating ( 2 ) declutter ( 4 ) Decorate with me ( 5 ) Defying Gravity ( 28 ) DIY ( 39 ) Easter ( 8 ) Eat Dessert First ( 17 ) Emma ( 38 ) Every Day Conversations ( 20 ) Every Day Conversations: Kid Edition ( 8 ) exercise ( 62 ) fall ( 10 ) family ( 78 ) Father's Day ( 6 ) Fight Like a Girl ( 10 ) food ( 187 ) Foodstirs ( 2 ) Friday Five ( 11 ) garden ( 2 ) gestational diabetes ( 5 ) God ( 2 ) Halloween ( 24 ) Happy Friday ( 272 ) holiday ( 65 ) home ( 15 ) honeymoon ( 8 ) house ( 78 ) How 'Bout Them Reads ( 64 ) How to Boil Water ( 123 ) Independence Day ( 4 ) job ( 4 ) laughter ( 1 ) life ( 1 ) life list ( 9 ) loss ( 4 ) Making the Cut ( 58 ) Marines ( 29 ) marriage ( 33 ) Meal Prep ( 4 ) Mommy & Me ( 7 ) Mother's Day ( 5 ) Nanowrimo ( 21 ) New Years ( 8 ) On the Kid's Table ( 12 ) Our Beautiful Mess ( 7 ) Our Beautiful Mess Shop ( 20 ) Our Weekend in Photographs ( 124 ) parenting ( 94 ) PCOS ( 7 ) Photo Every Hour ( 1 ) planner ( 4 ) planning ( 2 ) postpartum ( 6 ) potty training ( 3 ) pregancy ( 1 ) pregnancy ( 162 ) Preptober ( 3 ) random thoughts ( 130 ) reading ( 70 ) Reading Challenge ( 65 ) Rob ( 234 ) SAHM ( 16 ) school ( 21 ) secondary infertility ( 9 ) Sense Learn Play ( 6 ) slow cooker ( 3 ) spring ( 16 ) Spring Break ( 1 ) stay at home ( 4 ) Stella ( 38 ) summer ( 22 ) Thanksgiving ( 15 ) Three Ladies & Their Gents ( 23 ) Throwback ( 1 ) vacation ( 4 ) Valentine's Day ( 13 ) video ( 20 ) wedding ( 21 ) week-by-week ( 50 ) winter ( 9 ) word of the month ( 5 ) Wordless Wednesday ( 41 ) Wreck this Journal ( 1 ) writing ( 21 ) Year in Review ( 11 )

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...