Sep 9, 2014

Woe to Technology

I'm really bad about breaking things. I don't know how it happens. It just does. I wrote a post about how I break things once, check it out here. It was a list that just keeps growing of things that I have broken. Hand over heart, I don't do it on purpose. Most of these things are just I'm in the wrong place at the wrong time. Some of them is because I don't know my own strengthen. And of course sometimes I'm just being dumb and I break something, aka I threw a bouncy ball and it landed right on a picture frame and broke the glass.

I have a lot of oops moments in my life. But mostly I can make it through a day without breaking something. However, there is another group of items that I do tend to break. Again not on purpose. Sometimes I swear it's because I'm in the room. Sometimes because...well, truthfully I have no idea. I don't know how it happens. 

It all begins years ago when I was in high school. Way back when I got a laptop. I did a lot of writing, still do actually, and I wanted a computer to write on. So I got a laptop. I didn't get the fanciest nor did I get the cheapest. I just got a good laptop to fit my needs. It lasted for awhile (I don't remember how long but I can tell you it didn't even make it a year, in fact I don't think it even made it 6 months). But then it broke. We take it back to the store, they send it away. Turns out it was something that couldn't be fixed and was faulty in the manufacturing. So I'm offered to get it replaced for another one just like it for free. Only they don't have another just like it so I get an upgrade.

Onto laptop number two. Everything is transferred and it all seems good. But then it breaks. Something with the manufacturing. Can't be fixed. Again I get it replaced with another upgrade.

Laptop number three. Something on it breaks but it can be fixed. And this one lasts me until college. 

Freshmen year of college, I get a desktop. Served me well until the entire system crashed for some reason or another. Took a long time but finally got things going again. But it was never quite the same again. 

After I graduated I got another laptop. But luckily by this point I had started dating a computer guy. It started freezing and there was nothing that could fix it. We tried restoring. Nothing.

Laptop number five. All was going well. I picked it out with my computer guy. I had him right there for a moment's notice if I needed something fix. But my power to cause technology to fail is stronger than my computer guy's ability to fix it. Now it's randomly going to a blue screen and the sound is going out. Another one bites the dust.

Laptop number six. Plus desktop number two. Rob built himself a desktop many moons ago and when he decided to build another one, he gifted me the first desktop. It worked fine when it called it his but once it got into my possession, it no longer worked. He had go back in and restore the entire computer but still it doesn't work quite as well as it did before.


As for laptop number six. It was working great. I wasn't thrilled with Windows 8.1 but I was getting used to it all. Until it just stopped. I went to shut it down and all the sudden it was trying to repair the computer. No clue what happened. The computer guy was able to fix it and get it working again.

Until a few days ago when it decided it was tired. Same problem again. This turned out to be an easier fix this time because of some corrupt files or something or another. For now it's fixed. I've had this just over a year so I feel like it's telling me it's tired and going to just crap out on me soon. That's just sort of what happens.

But don't worry my technology problems extends why beyond computers. I can affect just another any technological thing I touch. Phones, printers, copiers, TVs, PS3 players, DVD players. You name it I've broken it. At least most have been fixable. But it's still annoying. I still have no idea what exactly happens. It just seems that my presence has some negative impact on technology and things just kind of fall apart from there. I've become pretty good at the turn it off then turn it back on method. It's my go-to.

And if all else fails, at least I married my computer guy...




No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels

A Day in the Life ( 63 ) A Little Extra ( 12 ) A Pregnancy Story ( 53 ) Addison ( 438 ) anniversary ( 42 ) apartment ( 10 ) baby ( 12 ) baking ( 21 ) Beautiful Mess Plans Co ( 3 ) Becca ( 289 ) birthday ( 44 ) Blue Apron ( 17 ) books ( 77 ) breastfeeding ( 6 ) bullet journal ( 21 ) Bump to Baby ( 41 ) Christmas ( 30 ) comparison ( 1 ) Connor ( 105 ) cooking ( 158 ) currently ( 27 ) date ( 18 ) dating ( 2 ) declutter ( 4 ) Decorate with me ( 5 ) Defying Gravity ( 28 ) DIY ( 39 ) Easter ( 8 ) Eat Dessert First ( 17 ) Emma ( 38 ) Every Day Conversations ( 20 ) Every Day Conversations: Kid Edition ( 8 ) exercise ( 62 ) fall ( 10 ) family ( 78 ) Father's Day ( 6 ) Fight Like a Girl ( 10 ) food ( 187 ) Foodstirs ( 2 ) Friday Five ( 11 ) garden ( 2 ) gestational diabetes ( 5 ) God ( 2 ) Halloween ( 24 ) Happy Friday ( 272 ) holiday ( 65 ) home ( 15 ) honeymoon ( 8 ) house ( 78 ) How 'Bout Them Reads ( 64 ) How to Boil Water ( 123 ) Independence Day ( 4 ) job ( 4 ) laughter ( 1 ) life ( 1 ) life list ( 9 ) loss ( 4 ) Making the Cut ( 58 ) Marines ( 29 ) marriage ( 33 ) Meal Prep ( 4 ) Mommy & Me ( 7 ) Mother's Day ( 5 ) Nanowrimo ( 21 ) New Years ( 8 ) On the Kid's Table ( 12 ) Our Beautiful Mess ( 7 ) Our Beautiful Mess Shop ( 20 ) Our Weekend in Photographs ( 124 ) parenting ( 94 ) PCOS ( 7 ) Photo Every Hour ( 1 ) planner ( 4 ) planning ( 2 ) postpartum ( 6 ) potty training ( 3 ) pregancy ( 1 ) pregnancy ( 162 ) Preptober ( 3 ) random thoughts ( 130 ) reading ( 70 ) Reading Challenge ( 65 ) Rob ( 234 ) SAHM ( 16 ) school ( 21 ) secondary infertility ( 9 ) Sense Learn Play ( 6 ) slow cooker ( 3 ) spring ( 16 ) Spring Break ( 1 ) stay at home ( 4 ) Stella ( 38 ) summer ( 22 ) Thanksgiving ( 15 ) Three Ladies & Their Gents ( 23 ) Throwback ( 1 ) vacation ( 4 ) Valentine's Day ( 13 ) video ( 20 ) wedding ( 21 ) week-by-week ( 50 ) winter ( 9 ) word of the month ( 5 ) Wordless Wednesday ( 41 ) Wreck this Journal ( 1 ) writing ( 21 ) Year in Review ( 11 )

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...