May 28, 2015

Throwback Thursday: 2011

2011 was a good year and one I won't be forgetting any time soon. 2011 was the year we got married, so it was full of wedding planning then wedded bliss.

January // Oh with the snow!


February // We used to order two medium pizzas and we would have a bunch of leftovers. So I told Rob not to order two pizzas because it was too much. He ordered the pizza and while we waited I went to take a shower. When I came back out, the pizza had come and he was sitting there with a guilty look on his face. He didn't order two pizzas but he did order an extra-large and we ended up with just as much.


March // Wedding planning was going well and things were exactly where they were supposed to be. I went this month for my trial hair appointment. I decided not to wear a veil (wasn't my thing and I don't regret not wearing one) but went with a flower in my hair. I loved how my hair turned out.


April // I was not the expert cook that I am now way back then. I was lucky if anything edible came out of that kitchen. But we decided to do some cooking together. I think we made a pizza and it didn't taste bad. But it was a good bonding experience no matter how the food turned out. (The Family That Cooks Together...)


May // I had my two bridal showers this month because we were in the final countdown. Although it all looks like a beach/Hawaiian theme for my Iowa shower, we didn't actually go to the beach at all for our honeymoon. Rob was being a butt when his mom asked him about a theme. (Who's the Bride?)


June // This was one of the best months of my life, all because I got to marry my best friend. (If you want to read about our wedding, I suggest scrolling all the way to the bottom and clicking on the wedding tag then have at it!)


August // We went to SDC for my tradition birthday weekend festivities. Before we left though Rob surprised me by taking the day off (I had to work that morning from 9-2 as normal), cleaned the apartment so it was spotless and baked me an apple pie.


September // Stella was my little shadow. She is less so these days since I have another little shadow which she's not always sure of. Stella was always laying right on top of me. And she was probably about five pounds lighter here. (Meow Meow Stella Cat)


October // Every year we have a tradition of carving pumpkins and this year wasn't any different. Although my pumpkin hit a new low for me. (Oh Jack...O' Lantern) 


November // Another one of my favorite pictures of the two of us. This was before my second Marine Corps Birthday Ball with this handsome man I could now call my husband. (Happy 236th Birthday Marines!)


December // We started a family tradition this year of taking a picture in front of the Christmas tree each year. We get a good laugh out of this picture every year because of poor Stella. (Oh Christmas Tree: Part One, Part Two, Part Three)


Next weekend's throwback will technically be a flashback on Friday. I'm moving 2012, 2013, and 2014 for the next few weeks to Fridays, so make sure to come back and check it out.

What do you remember from 2011? What is your favorite memory from that year?

xo, B

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels

A Day in the Life ( 63 ) A Little Extra ( 12 ) A Pregnancy Story ( 53 ) Addison ( 438 ) anniversary ( 42 ) apartment ( 10 ) baby ( 12 ) baking ( 21 ) Beautiful Mess Plans Co ( 3 ) Becca ( 289 ) birthday ( 44 ) Blue Apron ( 17 ) books ( 77 ) breastfeeding ( 6 ) bullet journal ( 21 ) Bump to Baby ( 41 ) Christmas ( 30 ) comparison ( 1 ) Connor ( 105 ) cooking ( 158 ) currently ( 27 ) date ( 18 ) dating ( 2 ) declutter ( 4 ) Decorate with me ( 5 ) Defying Gravity ( 28 ) DIY ( 39 ) Easter ( 8 ) Eat Dessert First ( 17 ) Emma ( 38 ) Every Day Conversations ( 20 ) Every Day Conversations: Kid Edition ( 8 ) exercise ( 62 ) fall ( 10 ) family ( 78 ) Father's Day ( 6 ) Fight Like a Girl ( 10 ) food ( 187 ) Foodstirs ( 2 ) Friday Five ( 11 ) garden ( 2 ) gestational diabetes ( 5 ) God ( 2 ) Halloween ( 24 ) Happy Friday ( 272 ) holiday ( 65 ) home ( 15 ) honeymoon ( 8 ) house ( 78 ) How 'Bout Them Reads ( 64 ) How to Boil Water ( 123 ) Independence Day ( 4 ) job ( 4 ) laughter ( 1 ) life ( 1 ) life list ( 9 ) loss ( 4 ) Making the Cut ( 58 ) Marines ( 29 ) marriage ( 33 ) Meal Prep ( 4 ) Mommy & Me ( 7 ) Mother's Day ( 5 ) Nanowrimo ( 21 ) New Years ( 8 ) On the Kid's Table ( 12 ) Our Beautiful Mess ( 7 ) Our Beautiful Mess Shop ( 20 ) Our Weekend in Photographs ( 124 ) parenting ( 94 ) PCOS ( 7 ) Photo Every Hour ( 1 ) planner ( 4 ) planning ( 2 ) postpartum ( 6 ) potty training ( 3 ) pregancy ( 1 ) pregnancy ( 162 ) Preptober ( 3 ) random thoughts ( 130 ) reading ( 70 ) Reading Challenge ( 65 ) Rob ( 234 ) SAHM ( 16 ) school ( 21 ) secondary infertility ( 9 ) Sense Learn Play ( 6 ) slow cooker ( 3 ) spring ( 16 ) Spring Break ( 1 ) stay at home ( 4 ) Stella ( 38 ) summer ( 22 ) Thanksgiving ( 15 ) Three Ladies & Their Gents ( 23 ) Throwback ( 1 ) vacation ( 4 ) Valentine's Day ( 13 ) video ( 20 ) wedding ( 21 ) week-by-week ( 50 ) winter ( 9 ) word of the month ( 5 ) Wordless Wednesday ( 41 ) Wreck this Journal ( 1 ) writing ( 21 ) Year in Review ( 11 )

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...