May 22, 2020

First Grade & Preschool 2019-2020

Well this year really zigged on us, didn't it? It's truly hard to believe we have already come to the end of this school year. I'm not going to lie, I'm kind of okay with that. Because this year took such a turn, we are all even more ready to be done with it than normal. But we can also happily report that we had a good year despite it all. 


Connor had his very first year of any kind of school and he loved it. He thrived in it and wanted to go to school every day. I had worried about how he was going to do but I shouldn't have. He walked into class happily and loved every second he was there, always asking when he was going back again. Switching to school at home was definitely very hard on him. He didn't understand why he couldn't be there when he wasn't sick. But we adapted and I think he finished out the year okay. He did desperately miss his friends and especially his teacher, but luckily he's has the same teacher again next year, so fingers crossed he is able to go back to school next year. 

I'm proud of how he did this year and how much he just loved school and his friends. He even told me just the other day that he was ready to go to school like Addie, all day. I just about bawled because I'm not sure I'm ready for him to go to school all day. But I'm glad he is. I'm also glad I have one more year before that happens yet. 

Little dude is definitely looking more like a little dude. He looks a lot the same over the course of the last nine months or so but he has grown and changed so much. I'm pumped about him actually going back and getting to experience more school because he truly loved it. 


Addison has always been my champ. She has always loved school and learning. I know she definitely missed being in the classroom and being with her friends but she never stops learning. I'm not going to lie, she had to teach me how they do math these days but we got through it and figured it out. I'm not going to say that every day was a walk in the park but Addie is Addie and we did it together. 

As for actual school she is always a pleasure - or so I am told and don't doubt. She's wicked smart, loves to read and is kind to everyone. I just can't believe she is a second grader now! She continues to surprise me by what she knows and I have no doubt she will do amazing things with her amazing brain. 

Her changes are definitely a bit more settle but she is definitely looking a bit older and I'm not sure I like it. She is just growing so fast. 

But we made it. We survived this very weird school year and I am so proud of both of them and how they handled everything thrown at them. They have taken it as it as come and have just done so well through it all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels

A Day in the Life ( 63 ) A Little Extra ( 12 ) A Pregnancy Story ( 53 ) Addison ( 438 ) anniversary ( 42 ) apartment ( 10 ) baby ( 12 ) baking ( 21 ) Beautiful Mess Plans Co ( 3 ) Becca ( 289 ) birthday ( 44 ) Blue Apron ( 17 ) books ( 77 ) breastfeeding ( 6 ) bullet journal ( 21 ) Bump to Baby ( 41 ) Christmas ( 30 ) comparison ( 1 ) Connor ( 105 ) cooking ( 158 ) currently ( 27 ) date ( 18 ) dating ( 2 ) declutter ( 4 ) Decorate with me ( 5 ) Defying Gravity ( 28 ) DIY ( 39 ) Easter ( 8 ) Eat Dessert First ( 17 ) Emma ( 38 ) Every Day Conversations ( 20 ) Every Day Conversations: Kid Edition ( 8 ) exercise ( 62 ) fall ( 10 ) family ( 78 ) Father's Day ( 6 ) Fight Like a Girl ( 10 ) food ( 187 ) Foodstirs ( 2 ) Friday Five ( 11 ) garden ( 2 ) gestational diabetes ( 5 ) God ( 2 ) Halloween ( 24 ) Happy Friday ( 272 ) holiday ( 65 ) home ( 15 ) honeymoon ( 8 ) house ( 78 ) How 'Bout Them Reads ( 64 ) How to Boil Water ( 123 ) Independence Day ( 4 ) job ( 4 ) laughter ( 1 ) life ( 1 ) life list ( 9 ) loss ( 4 ) Making the Cut ( 58 ) Marines ( 29 ) marriage ( 33 ) Meal Prep ( 4 ) Mommy & Me ( 7 ) Mother's Day ( 5 ) Nanowrimo ( 21 ) New Years ( 8 ) On the Kid's Table ( 12 ) Our Beautiful Mess ( 7 ) Our Beautiful Mess Shop ( 20 ) Our Weekend in Photographs ( 124 ) parenting ( 94 ) PCOS ( 7 ) Photo Every Hour ( 1 ) planner ( 4 ) planning ( 2 ) postpartum ( 6 ) potty training ( 3 ) pregancy ( 1 ) pregnancy ( 162 ) Preptober ( 3 ) random thoughts ( 130 ) reading ( 70 ) Reading Challenge ( 65 ) Rob ( 234 ) SAHM ( 16 ) school ( 21 ) secondary infertility ( 9 ) Sense Learn Play ( 6 ) slow cooker ( 3 ) spring ( 16 ) Spring Break ( 1 ) stay at home ( 4 ) Stella ( 38 ) summer ( 22 ) Thanksgiving ( 15 ) Three Ladies & Their Gents ( 23 ) Throwback ( 1 ) vacation ( 4 ) Valentine's Day ( 13 ) video ( 20 ) wedding ( 21 ) week-by-week ( 50 ) winter ( 9 ) word of the month ( 5 ) Wordless Wednesday ( 41 ) Wreck this Journal ( 1 ) writing ( 21 ) Year in Review ( 11 )

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...