Jan 19, 2015

Making the Cut: Pretty Fierce Weight Loss

After finishing Jillian Michaels' Body Revolution, I was ready to take on something new. And since I was interested in challenging myself I went with Moms Into Fitness: Pretty Fierce Weight Loss, which is exactly what I have been doing for the last 8 weeks.

Just as with Body Revolution, my focus wasn't about losing weight. I was feeling good and healthy.
The weight loss was definitely a bonus, but not my main focus. My focus was to be healthy. I wanted to find something that worked for me and made me feel better. After my second miscarriage at the end of the Body Revolution, I was burnt out by that program. I was ready to give up. But I finished and found myself with a new drive starting a new program, this program.


The first of this 8 week program started the week of Thanksgiving. The fastest way to get discouraged, at least for me, is to not have a good start to the workout. Which meant that I would need to workout on Thanksgiving, away from home. Which I did. Truth be told, I was impressed with my determination. I knew I wanted to exercise but I wasn't completely sure I would.

And that's the pace I kept for the following weeks. The first two weeks there was a workout every day leading to 20 consecutive days of exercise. That's a lot of days in a row without a break. And I'm definitely proud that I did every single one of those days. It was exhausting but I was feeling good. I was definitely excited about my first day off.

The first two weeks of this program was all about cardio and building endurance. Even though I had just finished 12 weeks of Body Revolution, I was surprised by how little endurance I actually had. But over time I did start to notice that it improved. I was able to push a little harder. I wasn't breathing as hard, my body wasn't as tired.

I was definitely ready with the next two weeks came up and it was a combination of endurance and toning. I was ready for those cardio free days. However the toning wasn't exactly a walk in the park and I was feeling it after every single workout.


The fifth week of this workout, which happened to fall over the week of Christmas, was "rest week." So there were more days off in that week, including Christmas Day, and the workouts that I did do were lighter and easier on my body.

The next two weeks were all about toning. We were go between lower body and upper body, with a cardio workout to break up the middle of the week. I learned quickly how amazingly effective simple moves can be. I was used to Jillian Michaels who seems to like complicated moves that were sometimes hard to get into. But a simple squat, when focused on completely, can be very effective and make your legs feel the burn.

The last week was the final push and combined a little bit of everything in there. Then just like that I was done. I was doing the fit test that I had done in the beginning to compare where I started to where I was now. I was taking measurements and I was putting the DVD back on the shelf for another time.

The last 8 weeks flew by. But I got so much out of it. I may not have lost a ton, although I did lose about 4 pounds. I gained a lot of muscle. I am loving the way my arms are looking these days. My measurements do reflex a change, although a small one. My fit test as almost more telling. There was much more of a difference with my endurance and how my body actually moves.

I'm proud of myself and what I have done the last 8 weeks. It went by faster than I thought it would. And although the changes to my body have been slight, I have still challenged myself and given myself something to focus on.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels

A Day in the Life ( 63 ) A Little Extra ( 12 ) A Pregnancy Story ( 53 ) Addison ( 438 ) anniversary ( 42 ) apartment ( 10 ) baby ( 12 ) baking ( 21 ) Beautiful Mess Plans Co ( 3 ) Becca ( 289 ) birthday ( 44 ) Blue Apron ( 17 ) books ( 77 ) breastfeeding ( 6 ) bullet journal ( 21 ) Bump to Baby ( 41 ) Christmas ( 30 ) comparison ( 1 ) Connor ( 105 ) cooking ( 158 ) currently ( 27 ) date ( 18 ) dating ( 2 ) declutter ( 4 ) Decorate with me ( 5 ) Defying Gravity ( 28 ) DIY ( 39 ) Easter ( 8 ) Eat Dessert First ( 17 ) Emma ( 38 ) Every Day Conversations ( 20 ) Every Day Conversations: Kid Edition ( 8 ) exercise ( 62 ) fall ( 10 ) family ( 78 ) Father's Day ( 6 ) Fight Like a Girl ( 10 ) food ( 187 ) Foodstirs ( 2 ) Friday Five ( 11 ) garden ( 2 ) gestational diabetes ( 5 ) God ( 2 ) Halloween ( 24 ) Happy Friday ( 272 ) holiday ( 65 ) home ( 15 ) honeymoon ( 8 ) house ( 78 ) How 'Bout Them Reads ( 64 ) How to Boil Water ( 123 ) Independence Day ( 4 ) job ( 4 ) laughter ( 1 ) life ( 1 ) life list ( 9 ) loss ( 4 ) Making the Cut ( 58 ) Marines ( 29 ) marriage ( 33 ) Meal Prep ( 4 ) Mommy & Me ( 7 ) Mother's Day ( 5 ) Nanowrimo ( 21 ) New Years ( 8 ) On the Kid's Table ( 12 ) Our Beautiful Mess ( 7 ) Our Beautiful Mess Shop ( 20 ) Our Weekend in Photographs ( 124 ) parenting ( 94 ) PCOS ( 7 ) Photo Every Hour ( 1 ) planner ( 4 ) planning ( 2 ) postpartum ( 6 ) potty training ( 3 ) pregancy ( 1 ) pregnancy ( 162 ) Preptober ( 3 ) random thoughts ( 130 ) reading ( 70 ) Reading Challenge ( 65 ) Rob ( 234 ) SAHM ( 16 ) school ( 21 ) secondary infertility ( 9 ) Sense Learn Play ( 6 ) slow cooker ( 3 ) spring ( 16 ) Spring Break ( 1 ) stay at home ( 4 ) Stella ( 38 ) summer ( 22 ) Thanksgiving ( 15 ) Three Ladies & Their Gents ( 23 ) Throwback ( 1 ) vacation ( 4 ) Valentine's Day ( 13 ) video ( 20 ) wedding ( 21 ) week-by-week ( 50 ) winter ( 9 ) word of the month ( 5 ) Wordless Wednesday ( 41 ) Wreck this Journal ( 1 ) writing ( 21 ) Year in Review ( 11 )

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...