Jul 28, 2014

My D.G. Favorites

I have been doing this for four years come this September, and I have written 770 posts over those four years. That's a lot of posts, but I guess in all fairness I shouldn't say I have written all of them so much as posted that many, since some really are just pictures. But that's a technicality. 770 posts is a lot and I never expect anyone to go back and read all of them. However if you feel so determined then feel free. I encourage it.

That's not the point.

The point is that over the years I have had my favorites. I have had posts that I have put up that I just love because they mean something to me, because I think they were well-written (Is that wrong to say about something you wrote yourself?!), because I think they are funny, or because I just plain like them. So I decided to share some of my favorite posts of those 770 published post just for your viewing pleasure.

If Only I Could Grow Wings and Fly.... -- Published June 28, 2011 -- My blog was started for awhile
before that but there is really nothing worth reading. This one I wrote on our honeymoon about our experience just trying to get to Maine. It was one thing after another and definitely an experience we won't soon forget about. Your honeymoon is supposed to be memorable, right?



Oh Christmas Tree (Part One, Part Two, Part  Three) -- Published in December 2011 -- Part One and Part Two are my favorites really but I didn't want you leave you hanging without Part Three so I included it. It's a funny story. Putting up the Christmas tree that year was one problem after the next. But I didn't give up. I definitely haven't had a Christmas tree story as interesting as that year since.


"I Need A House" -- Published January 12, 2012 -- This one is on the list because of the video at the end. That video makes me laugh really hard every time.

Chapter 1: The Great Reveal -- Published March 29, 2012 -- We revealed that we were pregnant with Addison. We finally shared with everyone that we were pregnant and over the moon about it. Finally I could talk about it!


The Day the Apartment Flooded (Part One, Part Two) -- Published April 2012 -- I was happy to move a few months later, but boy was it a surprised. I guess it could have been worse, it could have been on fire...


I Never Got Those Goosebumps -- Published May 25, 2012 -- A funny childhood story.


The Results Are In -- June 6, 2012 -- The first time we learned that our baby girl really was a stubborn kid. She actually hasn't changed much since then. We were supposed to find out if we were having a boy or a girl and this was our great big reveal. Leave it to our stubborn, do-it-in-her-own-time, content, little-bit-lazy kid to ruin that for us. Good thing she's so darn cute and I love her so much. And oh, spoiler alert, it's a girl!


Breaking Glass -- Published July 3, 2012 -- I did some ridiculous. Oops...


Deer in Headlights -- Published August 6, 2012 -- Husbands are funny. And since having a kid this so doesn't happen at anymore. He's snoozing right along with me as long and as later as Goober Monster lets us.

That Pesky Glucose Thing (Part One, Part Two, Part Three, Part Four) -- Published September 2012 -- Again my favorite is really only Part One because the story was one thing after another, but I don't want to leave you hanging. I would hate to do that. This is definitely not a favorite thing that happened to me but it definitely a major thing that rocked my world and was a total surprise when I was pregnant with Addison.

Captain, My Captain -- Published October 1, 2012 -- The hubs got promoted to Captain in the Marines. I'm always so proud of him. And check out that belly....mine, not his....


The One with the Tired, Sleeping-Running Marine -- Published October 5, 2012 -- This story still makes me laugh. Poor guy!


The End of Was Nearer Than We Thought --
Published October 17, 2012 -- Addie made her entrance into the world earlier than we thought. Dang kid always doing things her own way.


Chapter 10: A Birth Story -- Published October 30, 2012 -- Exactly what it sounds like...


He Needs Proof -- Published November 2, 2012 -- Husbands are even funnier when they are sleep-deprived and a new dads.

Our [Girls] Weekend in Photographs -- Published April 8, 2013 -- The first time it was just me and Addie because Rob was gone with the Marines. It was easier than I thought. But mostly there are some cute pictures of little Addie.


She's Her Father's Daughter -- Published August 6, 2013 -- Seriously funny pictures!


Love You Forever -- Published September 4, 2013 -- One of my favorite posts I have ever written.

Mommy & Me -- Published March 18, 2013 -- One of the best decision I made finding and joining this moms/play group.


The One With the 18 Month Old Who Can't Walk -- Published April 29, 2014 -- The One with the 20 Month Old Who Still Isn't Walking -- June 30, 2014 -- Many have read both of these and have been following along with this journey. This has definitely be tough and stressful and frustrating, but a huge part of our lives. We are at least on the right track now.


My Truth of Being a Stay-at-Home Mom -- May 27, 2014 -- I liked that movie, Moms Night Out, plus other feelings regarding being a stay at home mom.

"He Stole My Heart, So I Stole His Last Name" -- Published June 25, 2014 -- Marriage is weird but wonderful. And we've been married for three years!


The Pickle Effect -- July 3, 2014 -- Free cake is awesome!


So I gave you more than I intended. Apparently there were a lot of old posts that I loved and had long forgotten about. But hey, choices are nice. Which are your favorites?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels

A Day in the Life ( 63 ) A Little Extra ( 12 ) A Pregnancy Story ( 53 ) Addison ( 438 ) anniversary ( 42 ) apartment ( 10 ) baby ( 12 ) baking ( 21 ) Beautiful Mess Plans Co ( 3 ) Becca ( 289 ) birthday ( 44 ) Blue Apron ( 17 ) books ( 77 ) breastfeeding ( 6 ) bullet journal ( 21 ) Bump to Baby ( 41 ) Christmas ( 30 ) comparison ( 1 ) Connor ( 105 ) cooking ( 158 ) currently ( 27 ) date ( 18 ) dating ( 2 ) declutter ( 4 ) Decorate with me ( 5 ) Defying Gravity ( 28 ) DIY ( 39 ) Easter ( 8 ) Eat Dessert First ( 17 ) Emma ( 38 ) Every Day Conversations ( 20 ) Every Day Conversations: Kid Edition ( 8 ) exercise ( 62 ) fall ( 10 ) family ( 78 ) Father's Day ( 6 ) Fight Like a Girl ( 10 ) food ( 187 ) Foodstirs ( 2 ) Friday Five ( 11 ) garden ( 2 ) gestational diabetes ( 5 ) God ( 2 ) Halloween ( 24 ) Happy Friday ( 272 ) holiday ( 65 ) home ( 15 ) honeymoon ( 8 ) house ( 78 ) How 'Bout Them Reads ( 64 ) How to Boil Water ( 123 ) Independence Day ( 4 ) job ( 4 ) laughter ( 1 ) life ( 1 ) life list ( 9 ) loss ( 4 ) Making the Cut ( 58 ) Marines ( 29 ) marriage ( 33 ) Meal Prep ( 4 ) Mommy & Me ( 7 ) Mother's Day ( 5 ) Nanowrimo ( 21 ) New Years ( 8 ) On the Kid's Table ( 12 ) Our Beautiful Mess ( 7 ) Our Beautiful Mess Shop ( 20 ) Our Weekend in Photographs ( 124 ) parenting ( 94 ) PCOS ( 7 ) Photo Every Hour ( 1 ) planner ( 4 ) planning ( 2 ) postpartum ( 6 ) potty training ( 3 ) pregancy ( 1 ) pregnancy ( 162 ) Preptober ( 3 ) random thoughts ( 130 ) reading ( 70 ) Reading Challenge ( 65 ) Rob ( 234 ) SAHM ( 16 ) school ( 21 ) secondary infertility ( 9 ) Sense Learn Play ( 6 ) slow cooker ( 3 ) spring ( 16 ) Spring Break ( 1 ) stay at home ( 4 ) Stella ( 38 ) summer ( 22 ) Thanksgiving ( 15 ) Three Ladies & Their Gents ( 23 ) Throwback ( 1 ) vacation ( 4 ) Valentine's Day ( 13 ) video ( 20 ) wedding ( 21 ) week-by-week ( 50 ) winter ( 9 ) word of the month ( 5 ) Wordless Wednesday ( 41 ) Wreck this Journal ( 1 ) writing ( 21 ) Year in Review ( 11 )

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...