Mar 23, 2015

Our House

We have lived in this house for almost three years now and a lot has changed. I'll be honest I don't love this house every second of every day. One day we might even move but today is not that day. I do like this house more than I did when we moved in thanks to some simple painting and some decor. I will warn you before we start that this is a bit of a long post so just go with it!

SITTING ROOM



When we moved, we decided to make it into a library type room, so we never planned to put a TV in this room but load it full of books and places to sit. Of course we never got that 1 1/2 chair that I still want for that room and the room needs new lighting, and it has been taken over with toys time and time again. But over all I like the book. I will confess that my biggest problem with this room is the fact that we have three different color bookshelves. It's on the list but the list of things to get is endless so it's pretty low on the list actually.

[Unpacking: The Sitting Room/Library]


FRONT ENTRY



Although the wall color didn't change because that is a LOT of painting, but I did some decor changes and it's one of my favorite things to walk by every day.

[A Bit More Welcoming - Polar Bear in a Blizzard No More - The Writing on the Wall]


DINING ROOM



There is still some wall decor projects I want to do in the dining room but again it's pretty low on the list. But for now it's better than just an empty room with nothing on the wall.

[Unpacking: The Dining Room]


KITCHEN



There hasn't been many changes to the kitchen over the last almost three years because there is only so much to do. I did move the wire shelf and I like it much better now. Plus we got a new dishwasher but otherwise things are pretty much exactly the same.

Side note: Sorry about the dark pictures but I took the pictures during the day and the open window was messing with the lighting in the room.

[Unpacking: Kitchen - What Once Was An Eyesore...Twice - From A Shelf to a Drawer - The Kitchen Built Around The Dishwasher - Our Old Kitchen Built Around Our New Dishwasher]


FAMILY ROOM



If you want to describe the family room when we first moved in was messy. It was a catch all for boxes around the house for awhile. It's still sometimes a catch-all but in a different kind of way.

[Unpacking: The Family Room - My Favorite of All Projects]


LAUNDRY ROOM/HALF BATH



This was the first room that I really did anything to and I was pretty happy about how it turned out.

[Wash ~ Dry ~ Fold ~ Repeat - Almost Makes Me Want to Do Laundry - Another Check Off the List]


OFFICE/GUEST ROOM



This room started as man cave but over time has morphed into an office for both of us and a guest room complete with a day bed. Plus a paint job has definitely helped give this room a face lift.

[I could have sworn I had done a post regarding my paint job on the office but since I can't find anything I guess not. Anyone else want to go through all my old posts and see if you can find one? Anyone?]


MASTER BEDROOM



This room was brown with blinds you could see through at night. I like it much better now.

[Unpacking: The Master Bedroom - Shut the Blinds! - Hang Time! -  I Love Me Some Painting - The Vinyl That Almost Wasn't]


MAIN BATHROOM

Confession: I have no pictures of what the bathroom looked like before. There was a towel bar up originally and now there isn't.

[Give Me A Hook to Hang a Towel On]


NURSERY



This room started as this horrible blue color before Addison then....

[From Bionic Blue to Sunny Yellow - Oh the Wall Decor You'll Put Up - A Family Wall - The One with the Rocking Chair - And the Curtain Goes Up! - Rockin' Rob - Addie's Got Some Brand New Digs - A Little Somethin' to Look At]


We decided to move Addison to her big girl room and our of the nursery last winter and since I wanted to go for another color, I went ahead and painted a gender neutral color and it's now one of my favorite colors in a room now.

[Currently I have no posts about the redesign of this room but watch for one coming...eventually.]


ADDIE'S ROOM



This room was a question mark for me. I knew Addison would be moving over to it but for the longest time I couldn't decide if I wanted to leave the purple with flowers or paint. But finally I made the decision to paint and never looked back.

[From Seuss to Shakespeare]


TOP BEDROOM/PLAYROOM

I don't really have any pictures of this room when we moved in either. But it basically just looks the same. It started out as a storage room with the door always closed. Then once Addie was older it became the play room. I will warn you, I didn't pick up before I snapped the pictures because the truth is I don't always pick up that room every day because it's a play room and I don't usually worry about it.


Not included is pictures of the hallways and the unfinished basement. Trust me you really don't want to see the unfinished basement right now. It really needs some help and major major cleaning. But I will leave you with some additional posts that have to do with the house.

A Little Landscaping - Cage in the Baby! - It's a Window Thing, Part I -  Buildin' in the Basement - Oh the Curtain!It's a Window Thing, Part II

xo, B

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels

A Day in the Life ( 63 ) A Little Extra ( 12 ) A Pregnancy Story ( 53 ) Addison ( 438 ) anniversary ( 42 ) apartment ( 10 ) baby ( 12 ) baking ( 21 ) Beautiful Mess Plans Co ( 3 ) Becca ( 289 ) birthday ( 44 ) Blue Apron ( 17 ) books ( 77 ) breastfeeding ( 6 ) bullet journal ( 21 ) Bump to Baby ( 41 ) Christmas ( 30 ) comparison ( 1 ) Connor ( 105 ) cooking ( 158 ) currently ( 27 ) date ( 18 ) dating ( 2 ) declutter ( 4 ) Decorate with me ( 5 ) Defying Gravity ( 28 ) DIY ( 39 ) Easter ( 8 ) Eat Dessert First ( 17 ) Emma ( 38 ) Every Day Conversations ( 20 ) Every Day Conversations: Kid Edition ( 8 ) exercise ( 62 ) fall ( 10 ) family ( 78 ) Father's Day ( 6 ) Fight Like a Girl ( 10 ) food ( 187 ) Foodstirs ( 2 ) Friday Five ( 11 ) garden ( 2 ) gestational diabetes ( 5 ) God ( 2 ) Halloween ( 24 ) Happy Friday ( 272 ) holiday ( 65 ) home ( 15 ) honeymoon ( 8 ) house ( 78 ) How 'Bout Them Reads ( 64 ) How to Boil Water ( 123 ) Independence Day ( 4 ) job ( 4 ) laughter ( 1 ) life ( 1 ) life list ( 9 ) loss ( 4 ) Making the Cut ( 58 ) Marines ( 29 ) marriage ( 33 ) Meal Prep ( 4 ) Mommy & Me ( 7 ) Mother's Day ( 5 ) Nanowrimo ( 21 ) New Years ( 8 ) On the Kid's Table ( 12 ) Our Beautiful Mess ( 7 ) Our Beautiful Mess Shop ( 20 ) Our Weekend in Photographs ( 124 ) parenting ( 94 ) PCOS ( 7 ) Photo Every Hour ( 1 ) planner ( 4 ) planning ( 2 ) postpartum ( 6 ) potty training ( 3 ) pregancy ( 1 ) pregnancy ( 162 ) Preptober ( 3 ) random thoughts ( 130 ) reading ( 70 ) Reading Challenge ( 65 ) Rob ( 234 ) SAHM ( 16 ) school ( 21 ) secondary infertility ( 9 ) Sense Learn Play ( 6 ) slow cooker ( 3 ) spring ( 16 ) Spring Break ( 1 ) stay at home ( 4 ) Stella ( 38 ) summer ( 22 ) Thanksgiving ( 15 ) Three Ladies & Their Gents ( 23 ) Throwback ( 1 ) vacation ( 4 ) Valentine's Day ( 13 ) video ( 20 ) wedding ( 21 ) week-by-week ( 50 ) winter ( 9 ) word of the month ( 5 ) Wordless Wednesday ( 41 ) Wreck this Journal ( 1 ) writing ( 21 ) Year in Review ( 11 )

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...